Now that Connor is 4 months old, I've been reflecting on the whole last baby experience! It was a whirlwind and it's hard to imagine what our life before he arrived. As a mom of 3, i've packed my hospital bag with different things each time. This last time we didn't know the gender so I included some items that would be used for girls or boys. I will say not knowing the gender helped me buy less stuff before he was born! With my first I definitely overpacked my bag and the bag for the baby and I streamlined my packing with my second and third. Here is the list of what is making the cut this time around! I'm the packer in my family and included what I threw in my husband's bag as well (if I didn't he'd be using my deodorant and trying to steal my toothbrush)
My Bag: I used my old Stella and Dot (does anyone remember going to those parties?!?!) the last 2 times but just ordered this cute faux leather one since my old bag is nearing the end of it's life.
- Robe - I wore a robe over a nursing tank the majority of the time I was in the hospital after delivering my first 2. I went with a simple gray one this time that I can wear at home after!
- Socks - The hospital can be chilly, so I always pack a pair of cozy socks with grips!
- Slippers - I have these knock-off Uggs slippers and they're perfect for the hospital and home!
- Pajamas - Wearing dark colors at the hospital is always a good idea (no one wants to see any leaks!!) so I ordered some of my favorite Modal Joggers and a loose pajama top from Gap in a size up. I also ordered the matching shorts too since this is my first warm weather baby!
- Clothes to Wear Home - September in Chicago is a toss-up, so I packed a loose-fitting dress and dark joggers and nursing tank with a long cardigan over it.
- Nursing Tank - These target nursing tanks were my fave the last 2 times so I ordered a few to replace the old ones!
- Nursing Bra - I am not a fan of underwire nursing bras and prefer soft, seamless options!
- Shower Shoes - I throw in a pair of cheapo flip flops to wear in the bathroom and shower for rinsing off post delivery.
- Deodorant - No brainer!
- Dry Shampoo - I don't wash my hair in the hospital so dry shampoo to the rescue.
- Makeup Remover Wipes - I look like a trainwreck after labor and it feels so nice to wipe away all the sweat and grime post delivery!
- Hair Tie
- Phone Charger
- Chapstick - I DESPISE having chapped lips and the hospital air makes mine so dry! I always pack backups!
Baby's Bag: (I'm planning on buying the swaddles and outfits at 37 weeks so I have the 30 days to return the other gender once the baby comes!)
- Boy Outfit - I brought this Burt's Bees option and this Milkbarn one but we ended up using the same going home outfit that I brought Gavin home in because the others were too big!
- Girl Outfit - Aden & Anais or this Floral Option
- Boy Swaddle - Copper Pearl is my favorite for first swaddle pics in the hospital! I brought this striped one and this green gingham one and ended up choosing the gingham
- Girl Swaddle - I love the florals so I brought this one and this one
- Clothes to Sleep In
- Change of Clothes
- Computer Charger
- Phone Charger
- Ear Pods
*Some of the links in this post contain affiliate links and we will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on our link.